PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days In January documentry

ColdStorage
02-21-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm here to try and get the project I'm working on "2 days in January" promoted. It's seriously life changing. It's basically about a new forex trading system, and I saw these two make over 50k in two days. I myself worked very closely in filming it. All I ask is for you to have a look, read what it's about and decide if you want to invest in watching the documentary, or even check out the seminar. If you know others who would be interested then please forward them the indigogo campaign.

Feedback on the trailer is appreciated. It's honestly a thrilling documentary to watch and I myself am going to start trading on the froex markets to raise money for my break into feature film instead of documentary.

Thanks for listening, and bless you :)

Nick Soares
02-21-2013, 10:26 AM
Cool checking this out now

http://www.filmmakerforum.org/kickstarter-indigogo-projects/1172-embed-kickstarter-indiegogo-projects.html
I have embedded your project as the forum request, see this thread for more help on that

mara
02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
I've worked in forex in banks for many years, and all I can say is: BE CAREFUL!
Those markets can be deadly - $50k up can turn to $150k down faster than you can imagine.

ColdStorage
02-21-2013, 10:52 AM
With all walks of life comes risks, but this guy was amazing, I'm usually a pessimistic cynical person. Especially when it comes to stock etc. However what happened here simply was incredible. Of course if anyone is interested it's always recommended you practice with demos first before using any real world money to see if you're good at it. I myself am going to try it, I'm tired of the excruciating pain of years of funding for my films :(

Nick Soares
02-21-2013, 11:09 AM
I am curious about the Flexible Funding campaign for movies, what happens to people that donated but you don't reach your goal. When indiegogo first started they required projects like this to be fixed for the reason of not having enough to even do the project, I am just curious.

mara
02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
On Indiegogo, you get the money regardless, but they (site) take a bigger cut.
I don't know offhand what that percentage is.

That, of course, makes it different for donors as well as those trying to raise money.

Nick Soares
02-21-2013, 11:22 AM
On Indiegogo, you get the money regardless, but they (site) take a bigger cut.
I don't know offhand what that percentage is.

That, of course, makes it different for donors as well as those trying to raise money.

Right, flexible means the funder gets the money no matter what, so what happens if the project only gets $500 - Thats not enough to make the film, but the funders are out that money now, if it was fixed they would get their money back, I personally think this project should be a fixed project. Filmmaker Forum's IndieGoGo campaign worked as a flexible one because we where able to give the perks out right away and no matter what amount was reached all perks could be delivered.

**EDIT** For my campaign it was 9% ! IndieGoGo is making some money I can tell you that