PDA

View Full Version : TV Discussion Thread

Havey
02-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Not sure how many of you guys really get into any TV series or anything. I really don't watch TV on a daily basis, but I do have some series that I absolutely love. Maybe I can find some common ground with some members here.

My watch list.

Dexter
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
The Americans
Game of Thrones

Basically the shows I watch when they are on. Love all of those.

How about you guys?

Raoul Duke
02-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Into The Americans now, too.

Love Idiot Abroad on the Science channel. It's a comedy featuring Karl Pilkington and he kills it.

tosh.0
Archer

are a few others I catch

Havey
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Anyone else get into the shows like...

Blue Planet
Frozen Planet
Africa?

So awesome.

leetvfilms
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Mine are:

The Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
WWE Raw and Smackdown
Supernatural
The Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls

Great shows :)

NHummel
02-19-2013, 03:56 AM
I watch A TON of TV. I just recently discovered Lost, and watched the entire series in 3 weeks.

Top shows that are still on air(In season or Not in season):

Mad Men
The Americans
The Walking Dead
Two and a Half Men

I do have a few other shows that I watch, but the ones I listed are the top ones for me.

Marcos.J
02-21-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm former military so I have to go with inside combat rescue :),

Kevin
02-21-2013, 07:36 PM
At the moment, I wander netflix, slaying series as I go. I've been on a documentary kick lately, though.

Marcos.J
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Inside combat rescue is on the national geographic channel its a little graphic but really good show

Bryce Welsh
03-29-2013, 10:24 PM
My watch list

Doctor Who
Merlin
Sherlock
Supernatural
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Adventure Time
Being Human U.K.

btflatt
03-30-2013, 06:59 AM
Don't watch much TV. But do keep up with these series:
Supernatural
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Teen Wolf

mara
03-30-2013, 07:30 AM
My new guilty pleasure is Scandal - always been a big Tony Goldwyn fan, and I've been watching a bunch of episodes on demand.

Beyond that, I love Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, the Newsroom , and Mad Men.

Benja
03-30-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm not the kind of guy that can watch an episode and wait for a whole week to watch the next one.

Either I buy the whole seasons on DVD or watch the show on Netflix. I love Community, been watching it on Netflix. And LOST, which I bought on DVD, although disappointing at the end, it was entertaining for the most part.

Raoul Duke
03-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Game of Thrones starts again tomorrow night.

:POPCORN:

Nick Soares
03-31-2013, 07:57 AM
There has got to be more, anyone know of anything else good? How is Game of Thrones?

Lecasm
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
There has got to be more, anyone know of anything else good? How is Game of Thrones?

Simply cannot say enough positive things about Game of Thrones. Even if you aren't into the fantasy elements, the show is terrific on every level. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I can't miss Game of Thrones.

Raoul Duke
04-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Great season premier last night for GoT. :thumbup:

Mark
04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Great season premier last night for GoT. :thumbup:

Searious!!! It was friggin awesome!

Bryce Welsh
04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Searious!!! It was friggin awesome!

Seems good but it's rated MA. :c Sucks cause I love fantasy!!!!

Vance Baryn
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
There are really only 3 TV shows I ever watch.

1. The Daily Show
2. South Park
3. Doctor Who

The only one of those I absolutely can't miss is Doctor Who. I have seen every episode. No, I mean EVERY episode since 1963 (I'm not that old, so I didn't watch them when they were aired obviously) Well, not the ones that are lost and therefore unviewable, but I have watched reconstructions of those episodes as well.

50th Anniversary of Doctor Who this year by the way. Woohoo! I hope this show never goes off the air!!

Raoul Duke
04-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Game of Thrones has been off the charts this season.

Really happy with what they're doing, save for Stannis. His scenes are worthless

brianknapp
04-16-2013, 07:33 AM
My favorite shows are The Walking Dead , Men at Work, and The Big Bang Theory oh yeah and also Family Guy!

Michael P
04-16-2013, 09:29 AM
G.O.T. is so damn good it hurts. It's probably the only reason I keep HBO.

I also love Homeland on Showtime but hate that I have to wait until September for the new season. Great show!

mara
04-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Ahhh it's all so subjective! Tried a few episodes of Gameof Thrones, and it just didn't do it for me. I tend to prefer things that have a veneer of being real/current - obviously that is just a bias of mine.

I do like Nurse Jackie on Showtime, and recently watched several episodes of Episodes (no I'm not stuttering!), which is light on plot but has terrifically snappy dialogue.

Director
04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
The Walking Dead, but it pissed me off when they fired Frank Darabont.

The producers of that show aren't good enough to polish Frank's shoes.

SamuelR74
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Big Bang Theory
Dodger's Baseball
Game of Thrones
Spartacus (HELL YEAH!!)
Boss (sad it got cancelled but watch reruns)
Dual Survivor
Celebrity Apprentice
Sons of Anarchy

And ok, don't laugh but....
The Walton's (I totally got into it!!! Never watched it as a kid and started watching a few months ago...can't stop watching! Great writing!!)

And for that shot of positivity:
Joyce Meyer
Joel Osteen

The Camera Man
04-24-2013, 12:42 PM
My watch list.

Dexter
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead

It appears your top 3 are the same as my top 3... but in a different order

Nick Soares
04-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I cannot believe there are no Vampire Diaries lovers here.

Its a great show!

Havey
05-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Anyone else watching the show Hannibal?

Aaron Jones
05-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I see Dexter was in the first post, LOL! I used to love that show, as to say I will watch if it is on. I don't much TV at all.

I do however watch Netflix when I need to go to sleep.

Monk
King of Queens
Numb3rs
Moonlight - it is a horrible shame this show did not survive the writer strike. I have all 16 episodes that were made though.

I'm now into watching Youtube channels. my favorite is Film Riot.

L A Morgan
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Does anyone else like crime dramas? NCIS, Castle, the Mentalist? I've been playing around with writing a crossover short with these. Anyone into that?

MD Morgan
05-11-2013, 12:32 PM
I do! Castle, Elementary, and The Mentalist are very interesting to me. I would be quite cool to see what would happen when you cross Elementary with The Mentalist

brianknapp
05-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I do! Castle, Elementary, and The Mentalist are very interesting to me. I would be quite cool to see what would happen when you cross Elementary with The Mentalist

Elementary is the BEST! I love that showwwwww!!!!

The Camera Man
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
I fell exceptionally ill on Thursday night and couldn't sleep, so I sat up all night watching a ton of episodes of a certain television show...

It was then that I realized that there are very few comedies that have as much taste, talent and meaning as Only Fools and Horses.

Just throwing that onto the fire

Havey
05-12-2013, 07:24 AM
I enjoy Criminal Minds, and I use to watch a lot of Law and Order. Don't really get into the cop dramas now though.

writethevillain
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Last few months or so I've been on a spending spree when it comes to TV Shows. Been working my way through Lost for the third time, as well as discovering the underrated and awesome Flashforward.

Raoul Duke
05-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Been watching all the Bob's Burgers I can.

Absolutely love that show and Kristen Schaal is awesome as the voice of Louise.