PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Video Ideas

tylerinfosec
02-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello all,

I am an employee of the Information Security office at my university and we are wanting to make a fun and entertaining little 2-4 minute video. We decided on the topic of social media and how an individual needs to be careful about what he/she posts online. One idea that my team and I was able to come up with was kind of like a morality tale. In situation one, a student goes to a party and tweets a picture of himself and it gets around school and people find out and he loses his job, friends, etc... and just has a downward spiral. The second situation, the same student goes to the party with a dead phone because he forgot to charge it. He has a great time, and later in life becomes a multi-millionaire or something along those lines.

So we want something with the same concept as the example above, maybe not as extreme but you get the point.

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate any input at all!

Jimmy
02-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Why dont you just film both 1 and 2 - and show the difference between the two? That would be cool!

Charles
02-18-2013, 05:16 PM
I think that is what they are going to do, but they are asking for new ideas. My brain is fired right now though

Nick Soares
02-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Is the idea to show a "What If" or like a "Before After" - I think I could through some ideas if I can confirm I am understanding correctly

tylerinfosec
02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Is the idea to show a "What If" or like a "Before After" - I think I could through some ideas if I can confirm I am understanding correctly

It's not really a "What If" or a "Before After", we more want to just get the point across that you need to be careful about what you put out on the internet about yourself. It doesn't really matter how, we don't have any ideas set in stone whatsoever yet so we're very open to them. We would like for it to be entertaining, and not a boring factual video that nobody wants to see. This is a video that was done by our department last year and we would like to keep the same fun and goofy feel to it, just for your reference (OIS Videos, University of Cincinnati (http://www.uc.edu/infosec/info/videos.html))

Nick Soares
02-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Hmmm, Ok

Your first idea is cool:

Here something I was thinking-

Joe goes to a party, having fun and taking pictures with his phone - Joe Gets home and is scrolling through his pictures on his computer - He decides to tweet one of them - *Cut Away* to other people one by one receiving the pictures and laughing and *Close Up* to their phones showing "ReTweet" or "Send" (what ever you want) - *Cut Away* Next Day - Dean of the school is on his computer and gets a little ping noise on his computer *Close Up* Dean's reaction - *Cut Away* Joe in Dean's office getting yelled at and kicked out of school *Flashback* Joe on his computer looking at pics (Same shot as before) - He clicks the "Cancel" button. It was all a day dream of what could have happened.

tylerinfosec
02-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Hmmm, Ok

Your first idea is cool:

Here something I was thinking-

Joe goes to a party, having fun and taking pictures with his phone - Joe Gets home and is scrolling through his pictures on his computer - He decides to tweet one of them - *Cut Away* to other people one by one receiving the pictures and laughing and *Close Up* to their phones showing "ReTweet" or "Send" (what ever you want) - *Cut Away* Next Day - Dean of the school is on his computer and gets a little ping noise on his computer *Close Up* Dean's reaction - *Cut Away* Joe in Dean's office getting yelled at and kicked out of school *Flashback* Joe on his computer looking at pics (Same shot as before) - He clicks the "Cancel" button. It was all a day dream of what could have happened.

Nick,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to help me, I appreciate the help a lot. That idea is very good, I really like it and just from you explaining it I was able to picture a pretty well-put-together video. We're still in the brainstorming stage and this is definitely an idea that I'm going to bring up, so thank you. Have a great day!

Nick Soares
02-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Nick,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to help me, I appreciate the help a lot. That idea is very good, I really like it and just from you explaining it I was able to picture a pretty well-put-together video. We're still in the brainstorming stage and this is definitely an idea that I'm going to bring up, so thank you. Have a great day!

No problem, just tell your fellow students to join up here and be a part of a growing community

Nick Soares

Paul77
02-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Thumbs up for Nicks scene!