PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion :)

leetvfilms
02-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Had a little suggestion, wondering if we should have a tutorials section on here? Say for like compositing, CGI, and all that other good stuff. What do ya think? :)

Havey
02-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Could be a really good idea.

leetvfilms
02-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking.

myownself
02-17-2013, 08:23 PM
I like that idea. It's also a great place for the rest of the community to get involved even more.

Nick Soares
02-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Had a little suggestion, wondering if we should have a tutorials section on here? Say for like compositing, CGI, and all that other good stuff. What do ya think? :)

Hey thewhixfx,

Can you explain a bit more on what you mean? Like maybe a tab that has "Tutorials" - (like "Home" and "Recent Activity")? and it will have different tutorials on subjects?

If so, I really like that idea. The question is, who can provide the tutorials on subjects I dont know, like SPFX etc...

Nick

myownself
02-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I think it would be cool if we had a forum category for tuts. In order to keep bad ones out you could maybe have it set to where the thread has to get approved.

leetvfilms
02-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey thewhixfx,

Can you explain a bit more on what you mean? Like maybe a tab that has "Tutorials" - (like "Home" and "Recent Activity")? and it will have different tutorials on subjects?

If so, I really like that idea. The question is, who can provide the tutorials on subjects I dont know, like SPFX etc...

Nick

Kinda like how the forum is setup with General Discussions, Filmmakers, Film Festivals, ect. And anyone can contribute in the tutorials section. Can be visual effects, practical effects, tips on filmmaking, lighting scenes, lighting green screens and all that other good stuff. Yeah you can look for these tutorials on youtube and whatever but everyone has a different way of doing things.

Troy
02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
I like the idea of a forum where people can give out tutorials and ideas they want to share with the community to help others improve.

Nick Soares
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Ok, i think the choice is made here. I will start working on this tomorrow, very cool.

leetvfilms
02-18-2013, 10:38 PM
Awesome!! I'm gonna try and get some content together for some tutorials :)

Havey
02-18-2013, 10:55 PM
I will be making some tutorials as well and I know some really good places for tutorials that I will post when this section comes out.

Vance Baryn
02-19-2013, 01:24 AM
This is an awesome idea. I'm looking forward to its completion.

leetvfilms
02-20-2013, 11:33 AM
[at]Nick: Hey man :) When do you need tutorial content? I'm gonna be doing up some video tutorials this weekend :)

Nick Soares
02-20-2013, 12:23 PM
[at]Nick: Hey man :) When do you need tutorial content? I'm gonna be doing up some video tutorials this weekend :)

Hey! I am working on this now and we should have a "test" section in the top tab area by tonight. Users will be able to submit tutorials and I am also working on intergrading a "Donation" button for the tutorial submitter - Money would go straight to their paypal account. I would say, keep an eye out by 9pm tonight

leetvfilms
02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Awesome man!! :)

Havey
02-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Wow awesome idea about the donation thing. Very cool. i think that is a great incentive to get some great tutorials.