PDA

View Full Version : About the storyboard

moviemaker98
02-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Hey, I finished my script now, and im goint to start the storyboard. But i had one big question!
I dont know exactly were the film should take part. But often in other storyboards they know this. So can I continue making my storyboard more common, and not putting a concrete place, or is it more usual and better if I know already the place. Because, there are so many places, how do I know which one is the best?
thanks

Stonemode
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi there moviemaker98. If you know that your script can be filmed in any location, it's not necessary to write down a specific one. Unless you're aiming at a specific place.

moviemaker98
02-15-2013, 08:37 AM
thanks a lot! :) so who's job is it then to find the right place?

Jsthompson79
02-15-2013, 08:57 AM
thanks a lot! :) so who's job is it then to find the right place?

Yours if you are the only crew member. I think the director scouts the places he wants to shoot his film but don't quote me on that. I know the 1st AD is responsible for ensuring the locations have been paid so that filming can be done there.

Stonemode
02-15-2013, 10:02 AM
I agree with jsthompson79, whoever is funding the movie, is responsible.

Nick Soares
02-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Since its all you, it's up to you. Normally on a large budget or "larger" budget film the "location manager" and the "director" choose the location, as well as a whole group of people go like prop master, set design, and more, they all need to see te locations to prep for the film correctly