PDA

View Full Version : What kind of site/hosting do you use?

Nick Soares
02-14-2013, 09:14 AM
I am curious what kind of site you use for your CMS - or if you use HTML

Also, who created your site. Did you do it yourself, or did you hire it out?

Havey
02-14-2013, 01:44 PM
I am in the works of building my own site. Having a friend help me with some of the more difficult coding though.

Using Host Gator for the service though.

leetvfilms
02-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I tried learning html/coding or whatever you call it and just couldn't get the hang of it. For a while there I was using Wordpress as my website. Now we use weebly. Probably the easiest tools to build a website and thats what we used to build The Whix FX website. Everythings drag and drop :)

Havey
02-15-2013, 09:17 PM
I agree, it is pretty difficult, and EXTREMELY frustrating. But you can make some pretty good cash if you can get good at it. My friend charges about %60/hr to work on sites, and he is really good at it. I'm just okay with everything.

2001 Productions
02-16-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't speak HTML, so I use Google Sites. Easy and free, two of my favorite adjectives. :D

El Jeffo
03-15-2013, 08:12 PM
I can do basic html and do all my own sites. Nothing spectacular but usually nice and clean. GoDaddy is my host for everything, just subdomains for all the projects. I'm actually looking for someone to do something a little fancier for a new web series.

Charles
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
El Jeffo,

when you create a sub-domain how do you go about putting content on those? What is the process? (Side Note) you may want to correct your social icons and just add the facebook.com/hi.myname.is part and imdb.com/name/nm47529834 part :)

El Jeffo
03-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey Charles,
I use the FTP program in Firefox. Simple drag and drop type deal. Went I did web school (longer ago than I like to admit) it was all basic html using dreamweaver. On the up side they did teach me coding, so I can do it on a napkin in a diner over the turkey platter. hahaha
Thanks on the profile stuff! I haven't really been much of a Forum guy but this seems very cool with some great folks.

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I use Weebly. Its free and looks professional! (like 2001 Productions, I don't speak HTML either.)

-AF

Nick Soares
04-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Test bump

brianknapp
04-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Just like 2001 Productions and Anonymous Filmmaker I also don't know anything about this HTML coding stuff. I just use Webs.com a my free domain name and use 000webhost for free web hosting!

Smiley
04-18-2013, 06:16 PM
I recently purchased hosting at godaddy.com. I'm familiar with html but not that good at it. I'm in no financial situation to pay someone to build a site for me so I will do a lot of reading to figure it out myself!

Nick Soares
04-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I recently purchased hosting at godaddy.com. I'm familiar with html but not that good at it. I'm in no financial situation to pay someone to build a site for me so I will do a lot of reading to figure it out myself!

Well if you have any questions, just start a new topic and I can help you :)

Smiley
04-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks! Will definitely take you up on that :-D

JamesFreed
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Hello,

I have created my website using WordPress platform and I have found Hostgator to be a very reliable web hosting service because I am using them for hosting my website and am very satisfied. They provide good plans according to customer needs and requirements and offer three types of hosting services :
1. Shared hosting.
2. Dedicated hosting.
3. Reseller hosting.
I have also found that if we are referred from simple website tutorials we get great discount coupons to the use with Hostgator as well as GoDaddy.

brianknapp
05-11-2013, 07:26 AM
For my website i use free web hosting.

Havey
05-11-2013, 08:41 AM
I normally use Hostgator and then just code my site and if I bump into any problems with coding I ask my friend for help.

But I just recently started using Wix, and even though its a little more expensive per month, I truly think its worth it. You can still make an extremely professional looking website through them and its drag and drop.

Aaron Jones
05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
I guess I'm the odd ball in this bunch as I use Fatcow (http://fatcow.com). I love throwing up a wordpress because you can just go to Theme forest (http://www.themeforest.net) and find just about any look you want that someone else have already designed. Then you make the necessary changes that fit you. it is quit and easy and you don't have to know code to make a great looking site that is even interactive if you would like. I notice now that they give away a free theme every month now. the themes range from $10 to $60 which is a drop in the bucket to have a great looking site with out all the building and all the time that it takes.

Video Magazine Theme ReviewIt - (click to see live Preview) (http://demo.ghostpool.com/?theme=reviewit) (I have this one in my library.)

video blog style theme Live preview (http://themeforest.net/item/my-blog-wordpress-theme/full_screen_preview/2563093)

Check it out if you are not already familiar with it. Alot of the themes are mobile friendly as well.

shawnrohrbach
05-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Wordpress, did it myself and hosting on mydomain.com

www.shawnrohrbach.com

Anonymous Filmmaker
05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
For hosting, I use 1 and 1.

Aaron Jones
07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
I use Fatcow. For my website i strictly use Wordpress for presentation types of sites. It is very easy when you implement a theme from somewhere like Themeforest.net. Hundreds of great professional themes for your Wordpress, HTML, Joomla, and etc.

Which reminds me, I have a couple of HTML professional looking templates if anyone is looking for one.

Nick Soares
07-07-2013, 04:02 PM
I use Fatcow. For my website i strictly use Wordpress for presentation types of sites. It is very easy when you implement a theme from somewhere like Themeforest.net. Hundreds of great professional themes for your Wordpress, HTML, Joomla, and etc.

Which reminds me, I have a couple of HTML professional looking templates if anyone is looking for one.

I would love to check out the html code you have

Aaron Jones
07-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I would love to check out the html code you have

Can you PM me your Email Address and I will shoot it over to you. Actually I have a couple of simple professional clean templates.

Charli
03-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Aaron -- I wouldn't mind looking at those templates. Just send me an e-mail through my profile.

You can get 50% off host gator for the year, one way is by going through my link http://chuck-g.blogspot.com on Tuesday, March 25.

It's a one day sale only and usually this type of sale only happens around the holidays. I have used both host gator and godaddy and have found that host gator has better customer service and better experience using the control panel, but that's just me.