PDA

View Full Version : pro account reviews?

Charles
02-10-2013, 11:54 PM
So ive been a long time reader here and I like this site over all others. I am from Virginia and now moved to Bakersfield, and not many filmmakers around. I feel it just might be my duty to finally contribute to this forum. As always I like to get reviews preferably from the current pro members here.

Is it worth it?

I dont want to do the $1 and get one star, I feel that looks cheap and Im sure there would be more value to pro section then $1 - and I dont want to be seen as im taking advantage of the system because I could afford more then right, I was thinking $5 one. Is there at least $5 worth of stuff to get in downloads? I know this might contradict my idea of contributing, but I am only curious and will get a pro account no matter what.

Nick Soares
02-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Well I will let the pro account members speak for themselves, but its up to you. If you want to get a pro account just to download, then you have every right to.
Many members find the gratification of knowing they are supporting a community that supports them, and the downloads are just a perk. But there is no right or wrong really.

NHummel
02-11-2013, 03:49 AM
It is hard to put a price tag on information, but the information you get as a PRO member is definitely worth at least $5.

Jsthompson79
02-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I just checked out the downloads today and the first one that caught my attention was a Film Investor Contract. You can get a legal contract for $1-$5 right now with the promotion Nick is running. I am sure he paid a whole lot more than that when had had the contract drawn up. That alone is a good reason. Also supporting a site that isn't full of cynical jerks and trolls while you try to learn how to make or improve your films is another good reason.