PDA

View Full Version : 'Chained' - short film

VideoTom
02-05-2013, 06:08 AM
An adaptation of 'The Tempest' by William Shakespeare. I made it for the final part of my Law degree to talk about colonialism. Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtY2EyozwXE

AWLeath
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Hey not bad at all. Actually pretty good. There were times when there were specks pf water and sand on the camera lens. Not sure if that was by accident or on purpose but I liked it. Seemed as though it was from the POV of the protagonist and perhaps his vision was blurred by sand and water.

Nick Soares
02-05-2013, 12:00 PM
What did you shoot this on? Its tricking my eyes, at times it seems like 16mm, and at times it seems like a regular cassette recorder. This never happens to me!

Troy
02-05-2013, 02:55 PM
I really liked the music with the waves really went well together. Really had me thinking throughout the video.

Paul77
02-05-2013, 11:59 PM
what do you shoot this on? It should be called "roped" haha

VideoTom
02-06-2013, 06:00 AM
Glad you liked it! It was a lucky accident to be honest, I didn't do anything to change it because I liked the effect. I shot it on just a cassette camcorder! It was a pretty rugged old Sony, can't recall the exact make.

Edit: Oops, didn't do that reply very well. I'm still getting to grips with the forum!

Nick Soares
02-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Ahhh Ha! I knew it! Very cool.... Those cassette recorders sure seem to have a more film like feel to them then the new real "video like" video cameras.
FYI I fixed your double post :)