PDA

View Full Version : My first professional gig! Brutal crticism welcome.

VideoTom
02-05-2013, 03:24 AM
I recently completed my first professional assignment for a client. It's a corporate video about protein supplements. I'd love for you to check it out on YouTube and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ3kKb9NJBs

NHummel
02-05-2013, 05:37 AM
If this was an ad for the fighter, I would say well done, but you said it is about protein supplements. In my opinion there is too much information covered before the product. It is good to have some info on the fighter, but I believe it was about two minutes into the video until the product was mentioned. If I am watching a video like that, or any video online for that matter, I would have turned it off by that point. Give a brief bio of the fighter, do the part about the product, and then maybe go further into the fighter.

Nick Soares
02-05-2013, 11:06 AM
If this was an ad for the fighter, I would say well done, but you said it is about protein supplements. In my opinion there is too much information covered before the product. It is good to have some info on the fighter, but I believe it was about two minutes into the video until the product was mentioned. If I am watching a video like that, or any video online for that matter, I would have turned it off by that point. Give a brief bio of the fighter, do the part about the product, and then maybe go further into the fighter.

Very good notes NHummel, I have to agree and disagree depending on where the video is shown. For example, if this video is on the website of the supplement company, then the visitors on the website should already know this must be somehow related, and if it was to "advertisy" then I think the users wouldn't be as interested as they are already on the website. But like I said, it depends where it is shown. Great thoughts NHummel

It would have been nice to hear the name of the supplement though, my critique would be The Kick Boxer should say the name of the brand at least 3 times in the video.

VideoTom
02-06-2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the notes, guys. It's going to be posted on the supplement company website, so it's targeted at those already interested in the subject. But I'll keep the length in mind for next time.

Anonymous Filmmaker
04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
If you could take out some of the reverb, that would probably be good. What is the noise at 1:38? Also, some music would be nice. It was also a little too long, I think. Good luck on future videos!

Director
04-28-2013, 09:43 PM
If promotional, it's too long. Also, I noticed a few lighting problems. Never film a subject in front of a window, unless you have enough fill light to offset the glare coming from the window.