PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Ep.

Yewproductions
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
HELLO !
So I had an Idea and ran with it, 2 months later I have a pilot episode completed along with 2 episodes scripted. But I have no idea what to do now who should I take it to? how can I get feedback on the project (I really am not the guy who likes wasting his time) .. Any verterns out there with EXP. Willing to help out a young filmmaker ?

Thanks guys if you would like to see the project I can post it. For now here is the trailer

http://vimeo.com/57556662

Jake

Nick Soares
02-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum!

First, just by making the decision to create an idea, then execute the idea into a product is a talented skill of its own. Well done.

You are currently a new filmmaker, but lets turn you into a PRO with PRO advice.

#1 Quality - Great! Minus the shots where the character was getting slapped

#2 Story - Meh, Lets be real, you need to compete with the worlds best to even try and do anything with a pilot (You might have a good story, but you need to give us more in the trailer)

#3 Well, lets see some more :)

Yewproductions
02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Awesome thanks for the fast respons.
Here is the full Episode
Keep in mind when we started this project it was just a seed, we just wanted to practice with some new Equipment
Shot on one canon 7d
the actor is my little brother
First project so please sent me an advice/ criticism I am a army door gunner so you will not hurt my feelings.

http://vimeo.com/58106410

Password "bird"

Yewproductions
02-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Hey, welcome to the forum!

First, just by making the decision to create an idea, then execute the idea into a product is a talented skill of its own. Well done.

You are currently a new filmmaker, but lets turn you into a PRO with PRO advice.

#1 Quality - Great! Minus the shots where the character was getting slapped

#2 Story - Meh, Lets be real, you need to compete with the worlds best to even try and do anything with a pilot (You might have a good story, but you need to give us more in the trailer)

#3 Well, lets see some more :)

Just unlocked the Video there shouldn't be a password anymore

Nick Soares
02-04-2013, 04:13 PM
5 minutes in - I see great potential, and I see that you put alot of hard work into it so far.....continuing now.....

Yewproductions
02-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Awesome !

Yewproductions
02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
5 minutes in - I see great potential, and I see that you put alot of hard work into it so far.....continuing now.....

What did you think Nick?

Havey
02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm 7 minutes in. Loving the plot. I'm only complaining about two things thus far. Right now the focus to unfocus is being overused a little bit too much for my liking. Almost hard on the eyes.

Really enjoying it. Will add to this later!

Nick Soares
02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Ok, im back to watching this. Hopefully I do not get distracted this time :)

Jimmy
02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
I thought this was cool

Yewproductions
02-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks man, we just finally got more then one lens and we are suiting up for the second episode.. Trying to find another camera lol tough shooting somthing like this on one DSLR.. anyways thats for the feedback

Yewproductions
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the feedback. Good to know I was going for a confused feel, but yeah may have overdone it.. I shot this ep with a 50mm 1.8 and its so easy to rack im using a 35mm cine now and its alot harder so I didnt have to relaxe on the racking