PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a script free of charge

EndStateProductions
01-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Hello everyone :)

I am a student who has high ambitions in terms of directing movies. I am therefore in an obviously difficult situation in terms of funds and cannot afford to purchase a script for a film i would not make money from.

I was just enquiring if anyone had a script that they would be prepared to let me use, in exchange for film credit?

If so i can be contatced at endstateproductions[at]gmail.com :)

Thanks,
Jack

Nick Soares
01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Little bit more info please :)

Your looking for a short right? I know there a some people here that have scripts that would love to get anything done with them. Its really fun to see words come to life, even if its in the hands of a "new guy" - So yea, a little more info would be great

EndStateProductions
01-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Yes, definitely a short :) I plan on completely 10 shorts by the end of July (personal goal) but obviously creating 10 unique scripts by then is a mammoth tasks, and then include the fact I'm still at school until June!

So yes, short scripts are what I'm interested in. I would be more than happy to talk to anyone who has one available if they require certain elements kept the same, and as I said film credit is guaranteed :)

Any more information needed?

Oh, before I forget, although I'm open to any script of any genre, my favoured genres are social-realism based and horror (who doesn't like a horror? :P ).

Nick Soares
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info!

Basically you want to test some things out and you just need to material to do so. Hopefully someone here will send you a few pages to get started.

Thanks for joining

ericNCwriter
01-30-2013, 02:32 PM
What exactly do you mean when you refer to "social-realism based"? Oh, and to answer your question... I don't like horror. lol I know, I'm definitely in a very small minority, but oh well. If we all enjoyed the same things, life would be quite boring.

NHummel
01-30-2013, 03:30 PM
What exactly do you mean when you refer to "social-realism based"? Oh, and to answer your question... I don't like horror. lol I know, I'm definitely in a very small minority, but oh well. If we all enjoyed the same things, life would be quite boring.

How do you sleep at night? I am thinking very soundly, and without the worry of nightmares, yes?

ericNCwriter
01-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Quite soundly, thanks. And I don't remember the last time I had what you'd call a nightmare.

Nick Soares
01-30-2013, 10:00 PM
HAHAHA, this thread made me laugh

shawnrohrbach
01-31-2013, 10:58 AM
I emailed you a synopsis of a short titled 'Truth or Consequences' Did you get it? Cheers

EndStateProductions
01-31-2013, 11:41 AM
By social realism, I mean realistic films based on social elements such as a horror about the 'youth' of today terrorising an elderly couple, for example.

And yes I saw it in my inbox but have not had time to read it, but I will do very soon :)