PDA

View Full Version : New Music Video shot on CANON T3i

Jfvideos
01-05-2013, 11:31 PM
http://youtu.be/EjPMet2zF60 (http://youtu.be/EjPMet2zF60)

Questions, comments and feedback always invited.

Thanks
Jeremiah

Nick Soares
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Fantastic as always. Love your work

What locations are in this video?

Jfvideos
01-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Thanks. The location that looks kind of like a set with the curved walls was shot at the Disney concert hall in Downtown LA. The other locations included Rodeo Dr, Venice Beach, a Burbank recording studio, and a hotel room with a view in Century City.

mysticjim
01-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Damn it Mr Fox!

How is it that you always get to film beautiful women in skippy outfits in lovely, sun-drenched locations, while I'm stuck with making music videos for sweaty, male, ageing rock bands. It's simply not fair!

Anyway, nice work as always - obviously, the singer is very beautiful so I think you'd have struggled to make her look bad, but I do really like choice of shots - especially the reflective background and balcony. The video has a very simple narrative to it, but it does its job very well and look very slick.

Nice one, and again, you are one lucky MOFO!

Jim

Shawn Watson
01-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Nice locations. What are the technical specs?

Jfvideos
01-06-2013, 02:19 PM
haha Thanks. Yeah, the video Im shooting in a month will try to have a stronger narrative arc. I'm learning each video.

technical specs- canon t3i. The reflective wall enviornment first verse was shot using a kit 18-55mm. I learned if you want to make the shot more filmic, zoom in and frame at 28mm or 35mm.

Dolly shots in the first verse were done by using a camera slider with a manfrotto joystick which allows me to move in directly without seeing the slider in the shot. Without it you can only move horizontally with a slider.

The lens used in the last verse with the sunset background was a 50mm 1.8 lens. You have no choice using that lens with afternoon light. The 18-55mm doesn't open very far to let in more light so the images will be grainy. The 1.8 opens wide enough with some amateur lights to get a sharper image with minimal grain.

Havey
01-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Very nice. Really liked the flow of the video, no harsh cuts.

I enjoyed it.

Jfvideos
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Appreciate it!