PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Shot - Children of Men

LCRProductions
12-13-2012, 05:01 PM
So, I was curious as to anyone's thoughts, comments, opinions regarding the amazing tracking shot in "Children of Men"...You know which one I mean. and if you don't just search it on Youtube and be prepared to have your mind blown.

What I heard is that he had a special rig created to be able to pull of the sequence.

The ping-pong ball pass was really interesting as well.

Nick Soares
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Checking the shot out now

2001 Productions
12-14-2012, 09:35 AM
It is a great sequence. One of a couple in a great movie.

It was not actually one continuous take, though. The exterior was one shot and the interior of the building was actually a set. They were combined digitally to create a seamless transition.

No less stunning for that, though.

LCRProductions
12-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I think you might be talking about the other long tracking shot. I was referring to the sequence when they get attacked by the mob while in the car...

Children of Men tracking shot - YouTube

LCRProductions
12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
It is a great sequence. One of a couple in a great movie.

It was not actually one continuous take, though. The exterior was one shot and the interior of the building was actually a set. They were combined digitally to create a seamless transition.

No less stunning for that, though.

However, yes, that scene, which is the one with the explosion, right? Was amazing as well.

2001 Productions
12-14-2012, 10:04 AM
Ah, yes. I was referring to the long one at the end. The one in the car, though, was technically astounding, for sure!