PDA

View Full Version : Bad Film Fest

Jsthompson79
12-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I am wondering what others opinion of a festival that promotes bad films and rewards them would be. Would it be worth entering or would it be detrimental to a career if you won it?

UniqueAmI
12-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Any press is good press. If it gets your name out there it can't be bad.

Havey
12-09-2012, 03:24 PM
I agree any press is good press. But I wouldn't do it personally lol. Just not my style.

Jfvideos
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I would feel comfortable entering it in a festival that was named amateur film festival versus bad film festival. Its more forgiving. lol

Jsthompson79
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Well I view some of my early shorts as bad so I don't feel slighted entering them there. I am just worried about the long term effect if I was to win but I guess the opinion of any press is good press.

Nick Soares
12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
I dont think it would hurt a career if you are not doing any sort of massive movie in the near future with companies like Universal or Paramount. Chances are a bad film wont go anywhere so therefor the masses wont see it, you can always do a good film later and thats all that matters. Just my thoughts

Jsthompson79
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
That is kinda what I was thinking too Nick but I wanted to ask other's opinions as well. I don't think I will be working with any major companies in the near future since I still have 2 years of school left.

UniqueAmI
12-09-2012, 07:45 PM
I wish I had dreams of working with a studio. Any studio. Even when I played music, I always did everything on my own. I never had to answer to anyone but myself.

Unfortunately with movies (as I found out on my second project) it's much harder to be your own boss. Actors are fickle to say the least. I really should have written all the horror down as it was happening. :mad: I've forgotten so much of it.:eek: Maybe I've just blocked it out. :p

Jsthompson79
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I wish I had dreams of working with a studio. Any studio. Even when I played music, I always did everything on my own. I never had to answer to anyone but myself.

Unfortunately with movies (as I found out on my second project) it's much harder to be your own boss. Actors are fickle to say the least. I really should have written all the horror down as it was happening. :mad: I've forgotten so much of it.:eek: Maybe I've just blocked it out. :p

I don't really have a desire to work with a studio. I want to stay independent and do my own thing. That being said I wouldn't turn down a job with a studio when I get out of school.